Norton Hall for Sale
The Parker-Shore Bank collapsed during the financial crisis of 1843 and in 1850 the Hall, the Manor and Lay Rectory of Norton were auctioned along with Samuel Shore's other Estates in Coal Aston, Dore and Totley, and in Sheffield.
Norton Hall was bought by Charles Cammell (the steel magnate) in 1852. It was inherited by his son Bernard, who had built Norton House as his residence but never lived there, moving into Norton Hall after his father's death.
The Hall was owned by Mr W.L. Goodliffe for a few years before being sold to Mr Bernard Firth.
In 1916 Mr Firth allowed the Hall to be occupied by Officers of the Royal Flying Corps based at Coal Aston Landing Ground.